This is a best feature of Microsoft Outlook among many features, take backup of email data in a single file and restore it:
Sometime we need to re install window or Microsoft office for this reason we should know how we back up our emails.
Step by Step Backup.
- Microsoft outlook stores emails in a single file called .pst (personal storage table).
- In windows 7 Location of your email data file “C:\Users\Specific User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook”
- Go to the above location and copy the *.pst file and paste into any other location.
- You have taken a backup of your emails.
- You may re install your operating system or do for what you need emails backup.
Step by Step Restore:
Similarly install Microsoft outlook
- Open Microsoft outlook configure it, you will see your inbox empty, close Microsoft outlook.
- Copy *.pst file where you copied
- Paste into the same location “C:\Users\Specific User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook”
- Open Microsoft outlook you will see your old emails.
- You have successfully restore your emails.