In any organization certain entities such as organizational units and positions must be clearly defined in the system. In SAP this can be done using the Organizational Management component. We can create, modify or delete organizational units or positions, as per requirement. The first thing we must do in order to successfully utilize the Human Resources module for an organization is to set up an organogram or an organizational chart in the system. This is the mapping of the organization’s actual structure into the system.
Create Organizational Unit
1. Execute screen via:
|Via Menu Path||Human resources ® Organizational Management ® Organizational Plan ® Organization and Staffing ® Create|
|Via Transaction Code||PPOCE|
2. On screen “Create root organizational object”, enter the key date or, the start date of the validity of a period and then press enter.
3. Enter the name of the root organizational unit, in the Organizational unit field.
4. Click on the Save (Ctrl+S).
Maintain Organizational Unit
5. Execute screen via:
|Via Menu Path||Human resources ® Organizational Management ® Organizational Plan ® Organization and Staffing ® Change|
|Via Transaction Code||PPOME|
5. Search the Organizational Unit that is created by clicking on ‘Organizational unit’ as shown in picture below and enter ‘*’ in the ‘with name’ field of the consequent screen.
6. Select the Organizational Unit by double clicking on the list that is displayed after the search.
7. Right click on the Organizational unit and click create, a pop-up window appears. Double click on the organizational unit in the pop-up window to create another secondary organizational unit.
8. In the Detail Area, type the name and other details for the organizational unit you want to add. Click on Save (Ctrl+S) to create the organizational unit. In the screenshot above, a new organizational unit by the name of ‘abc’ is being created.
9. Click on the ‘Account Assignment’ tab. Enter relevant data into the fields of Business Area, Company Code, Personnel Area and Personnel Subarea from the list. To display a dropdown list press F4. Also assign the ‘Master cost center’ to the organizational unit, if they have been defined.
Create a Position
10. Press Create button (F5) or right-click on the organizational unit as shown in the screenshot above. A pop-up window appears.
11. Double click on the position in the pop-up window, the following screen appears.
12. In the Detail Area, type the name and other details for the position you want to add. Click on Save (Ctrl+S) to create the position. In the screenshot below, a new position by the name of ‘General Manager HR’ is being created. You may also save the validity date and make other notes.
Create a Job
13. Go to Edit tab and click create jobs, the following screen appears:
14. Enter the relevant job Abbreviation and job name.
15. Click ok or press Enter.
16. Mention the job that is created in the Job tab, otherwise click F4 to go to the selection screen.
17. In the section screen click the Ok icon to view all the jobs, the following screen appears:
18. Select the job from the available list, the following screen appears:
19. Click on Save (Ctrl+S) to save the created job.
Assign person to a Position
20. Right click on the position and click Assign, the following screen appears:
21. Click on Person and press Ok or press Enter, the following screen appears:
22. Enter the selection criteria such as personnel area and personnel sub-area where the employee belongs and press OK or Enter, the following screen appears:
23. Select the relevant employee for the particular position and click OK or press Enter, the following pop-up box appears:
24. Enter the relevant dates and click ok or press Enter.
25. The person is assigned at the relevant position.
Menu Path for Reports In Organization Management
Human Recourse — Organization Management – Info Systems – Organization Unit –
Human Recourse — Organization Management – Info Systems – Jobs –
Human Recourse — Organization Management – Info Systems – Positions –
S_AHR_61016509 – Vacant Positions
All the relevant reports can found in the relevant heads.